dinsdag 17 februari 2009

Self Fulfilling Prophecy



As I've said before, I'm doing better on the Aussie markets then on the English horse racing. So I kind of doomed myself into todays result.

I simply have no clue what the market is up to with the English horses, especially not when the big money hits the market and the price just goes haywire. If it would go up and down a lot that would be great and easy money but I have this nack of getting in at the wrong moment and the price zooming the other way. And then I decide to bank on that and it turns on me again. I should have zigged when I zagged!
I have to rethink my strategy on the English horses and I have two possible solutions and maybe I should do them both:

1. Trade up to 10 minutes before start and then move on to the next as the big money arrives and things start getting erratic and I start losing money

2. Don't trade the favorite but another horse with a bit less liquidity and a stabler pattern.

Probably the thing I need most is hundreds and hundreds of more bets under my belt.


Here is my profit & loss for English and Aussie horses for today:





Good news is that I'm in no rush and enjoy doing it!

Of to bed now, tomorrow is another day.

2 opmerkingen:

  1. I think more market experience from the 10 min mark will help with the issues you have described. Placing loads of bets without any experience will more than likley decrease your confidence when they go wrong. Perhaps it might be an idea to not trade the last 10 mins, but to just watch the price movements. You will probably be eager to get involved but by just watching you can't lose anything whilst building up market experience. Good luck!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. You make some excellent points!

    Another thought just hit me, I don't need to be there the last 10 minutes. I simply don't use stakes that can only be matched in the last 10 minutes.

    So I can mess around in the relatively safer times well before the race and when my bankroll, and thus stakesize, gets so big I have to get closer to the off my skill should have grown too.

    This morning I've been betting on English horse races that weren't going to start for another 3-4 hours and there's plenty of action for my stakes there! Plenty of gaps too, happy days!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen