vrijdag 27 februari 2009

Humble Pie

Bankroll: $141,70

As you can see on my new bankroll total, this wasn't my best day trading ever..

I lost some last night on the Aussie markets. Then I got slaughtered on the dogracing and to top it of I turned a small loss on the UK horses this afternoon.

Good news is that it was all my own fault and I have plenty to think about that I can then work on. It's easy to blame external factors but that won't get you any further. I think I had a classic case of invulnarability complex. Some of the losses I took were just silly. And I'm not talking about entering the market, my stop loss was crappy today. Thinking, even willing against better judgement for the market to come back up/down. Instead of just accepting the fact that it went against me and trying to execute an optimal exit strategy.

So lick my wounds and get stuck in it again. The money doesn't mean anything to me, it's the ego that needs mending. I even considered (for a splitsecond and then I chastised myself for it) not posting about this until I had fixed the bankroll but that defies the purpose of this blog.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten