vrijdag 27 februari 2009

A bit of redemption

Bankroll $150,75

With a bit of healthy paranoia in me I got stuck into the US horse racing. The market I believe I have the most feel for.

I didn't trade every race. I got out as soon as the market went differentely then expected, and took small losses. I scratched some bets. I made sure I got my profit in instead of continuously trying to get more out of a bet.

In the end I had a good run with the right mindset. I wish I had that mindset a couple of hours earlier I would've been closer to my goals.

But it was a good learning experience and a rather cheap one.

I think I have to say goodbye to the Aussie racing. They are simply too late for me and I blame the losses for being too big on tiredness and passiveness. I simply don't care enough when I'm tired. This sucks as I'll have to do the KYC thingy with someone signing the copies of my passport to get my money out. (I saw the unavailability of it as a way of saving) Of course after doing the KYC I can transfer the funds in and out as I please so maybe a good idea anyways as I have sometimes problems with laying although my total funds would cover the liability.

On that note I've noticed that the question if you should back or lay first is asked quite often on different forums. I don't always do the one or the other. It differs per situation as I try to get in on a spot where I have the biggest margin on a price movement before I go into a loss. This is more important when trading with gaps then one tick trading I suppose. Although still would people who always back only trade when they think the price will go down? Waste of the times you're sure it'll go up!

The doggies stung me today but I think it was my being greedy, sloppy and stupid. If it were so easy that I could easily make money on it on autopilot after just one session everyone would be doing it. So I'll have to get stuck in again and I'll use minimal bets for a bit until I get the feeling that I know when to hold'em and know when to fold'em. The timeslot is just too convenient for me to pass up on them. I can play them almost every day and some sort of steady flow of money from them would be welcome.

Tomorrow I'm swamped with work so no playtime.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten