maandag 16 februari 2009

Back in the saddle again

No more Mr Pacif Resistance! Time to get at it again.




Due to the hours I work I can't do the English daytime horses everyday. I either start work at 13:00 CET or 19:00 CET. Obviously when I start 19:00 I can do the British horses, otherwise I give the Aussie horses a shot.




So today I worked the day shift so I've been trying to make some profit on the Australian horses. Downside is that Betfair or BetAngel was really slow, not even letting me put in bets in the end. At least I hope that showing "placing" bet for over 20 seconds and then not showing a bet anywhere means I didn't place a bet. I did double check in Betfair I had no open bets but otherwise I just hope that whatever I bet the horse does ;-).




I'm playing with 4$ stakes which I will up to 10$ if I consistantly win for at least a week straight and feel that it was based on some sort of skill and not 7 days of dumb luck. My bankroll is 130$ at the moment with another 100$ at Pokerstars which I could move to Betfair if things start to get going as I'm not playing poker at the moment anyways. I am very conservative and disciplined concerning bankroll management though so I'd like to have at least 10x my stake in bankroll and preferably 20x. I can just deal with profit and loss in a lot more relaxed manner if it doesn't affect my bankroll too much either way. I think keeping a level head is important in this game.


Here's my P&L of last night.








Nothing fancy ofcourse but for me the main thing is that I can keep on finding profitable situations.



I like playing the markets where there are some gaps and I can go for the bigger swings. I seem to have a slight grasp on it. The English daytime markets are a bit manic and cloudy to me at the moment but with all that money there it is of course the place to work towards to.



On a side note I have to do some smaller goals before I can do the Peter Webb course. I'll list them, I'm sure they make sense :-)


1. Dishwasher. Our old one broke down and the best way to not only get my better half of my back, but even have her being supportive of this new obsession is by buying something usefull for her first. I did the same when I started to play poker. First thing I bought with my profits was a good dryer which she really wanted badly as she was about to have our first (of 2) daughter. (so lot's of clothes to wash and the climate here isn't fit for drying stuff outside) I almost got bullied into playing poker whenever I didn't feel like it after that!


2. I bought a 2 month subscription to BetAngel which will need to be renewed within the month. I'm also contemplating giving BetTrader a go just to see how that feels. It seems to me that I prefer some parts of their layout but maybe BetAngel has the same functionality but I haven't found it yet. What I do appreciate about BetTrader is their forum and the community they build and as I read it everyday and post every now and again I'm inclined to give something back by using their software. Doesn't have to be the one or the other as I can think of some situations where I'd like to have both running at the same time or have one package if the other decides to break down.


So once I've got those expenses out of the way I can start concentrating on getting enough profit for a nice trip to England!


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten