donderdag 26 februari 2009

I like the muts and I cannot lie.

Bankroll: $157,28

Had my first go at dogracing today. It's something I can do for a quick hour before I'm off to work on days I have the early shift. Seeing as there's no horseracing going on then it's a great filler of that timeslot.

First impression: Love'em!

Nice and jumpy, fairly agressive but still lot's of gaps. Probably more volatile then the horses as the liquidity is lower and a lot of people try to get all of it in in only a couple of minutes.

I bet on 6 races giving me 5 wins and 1 loss. And as you can see on my new bankroll total an overal small profit.

The one loss made me wonder once again if doing some sort of homework up front would be a smart thing to do. One thing stopping me from even looking into it is that I have a strong feeling that not having a vast knowledge on how to process the information will do me a lot more bad than good. What happened was that the money started pouring in and suddenly the favorite turned out to be not the favorite at all. The price soared up, and I mean really soared and I had backed it so I was in the kaka. Got out in time but it went from around 2 to well over 7. Something must have happened there. Maybe the dog wasn't a favorite in the first place and traders were trading on it because they all felt it was and when the punters started getting there money in it went up to it's true value. Or something happened on the track and other people knew stuff I didn't know.

So my idea of the homework would be to find out who are the top 3 for every race and have some sort of website, stream or internet radio thingy that can keep me up to date on stuff goin on on the tracks. Also I'm wondering if there's some way to find out what the price will start around initially as I can see profit in knowing where it will aproximately settle once the gap closes in back and lay. Maybe checking out the other bookies and see what there lines are.

Once again, these are some very basic ideas forming in my mind which I'll be carefully looking into later but I can also think of quite some reasons how this could work against me. End of the day ignorance might be bliss and best results might be had by just having a feel for the actual real time market and act upon that.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten