vrijdag 24 april 2009

Getting back in the saddle

Bankroll: $ 283,18

Just a quick post to let you know I'm still around as Geno has been getting a bit worried judging by the comment by him in my last post :-)

Basically I've been spending a lot of time getting setup in a fashion that this won't be happening again. That and losing money at the dogs and making it back and a little bit more at the horses.

I'm planning a big US horse racing post in which I'll combine all the info I've found with links and everything. In short you'll be getting all my hard work for free and I don't even have Google adds on this page! But if you've stuck around long enough to read all my ramblings I probably owe you some so it's in the pipeline.

I've pretty much dealt with the loss and know how to avoid it now. Also Tinerzz who posts on www.racingtraders.com told me to only back for a while and although I still find it silly to pass up good lay opportunities when you see them it has helped me. And I did pass them up because if you try something you have to give it a fair chance.

Not only because you don't have that extra pressure of having a huge liability becuase I'm not too worried about that as long as I have the off time correct, but more so out of a learning perspective.

I think people tend to be either back or lay persons. So they will instinctively prefer to get in on one side. And I'm a layer. By forcing myself to look at backing only for a while I've learned a lot about the market.

Oh and for you Greyhoundtraders out there.. I said earlier that this: http://live.williamhillradio.co.uk/radio-main.php?st=HR is a good spot to listen to dog commentary. Well it still is but I also gave some bad advice. I said that if you wait for them to say "here comes the bunny" or something to that extent you'd still have time to close your position.

Now that depends very much on who the commentator is and how much he had to drink the night before. I got caught the other day, luckily with a back bet, and no of course he didn't win, and have noticed since then that it's certainly not consistent enough to trust it.

That's all for now. Hoping to end up between $ 325,- and $ 350,- for the month and pas the $ 500,- mark in May but we'll see how things go. Certainly not going to force anything just to hit a certain goal as that is a recipe for more disaster and I've had my share for a while.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten