maandag 20 april 2009

Disaster

Bankroll: $ 254,29

Worst case scenario has happened. An US race went of 2 minutes earlier then posted on both Betfair as the website I use. I had a liability open of $ 158,- and the odds of the horse were 8 so an outsider. And the bastard won.

I guess the $ 400,- mark is bad luck because every time I break it something happens.

Good news is that I won't have to worry about that bad luck as it'll be some time before I'm back up there. A quick look at my older blogposts showed me that I was at this bankroll amount at the 3d of April so 3 weeks of trading down the drain.

What I learned from this is that the website I use (www.ebetusa.com/racing) shows the correct time but they also update it as it can change closer to the race. What I did was write down all the times I could see on the screen so I wrote this one down about 40 minutes before the off. When I checked the other times I wrote down I noticed that some of them changed too. So the solution is to double and triple check closer to the off.

It's terribly frustrating but as I can see where it went wrong and what I can do to make sure it doesn't happen again it's just a bit of learning money. Better now then later on when I have even bigger amounts open.

I just wish I would've gotten caught with a back bet open on this horse that race!

3 opmerkingen:

  1. i always kept refresh specially near start time, and try to watch the race in live from the link i gave you :p

    *geno

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. dont stop to post on the blog, dont be demoralized from a loss, its all learning till you will reach the level to obtain your daily 100 euro :)

    Always be positive or you'll never be good in trading.

    just my 2cents

    geno

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Ok ok, will do a quicky right now ;-) And where are you? US horse racing is getting a bit boring at night!

    Put your MSN on!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen