zondag 29 maart 2009

Getting the hang of it.

Bankroll: $226,95

As you can see new all time high! :-)

I'm starting to get the hang of the greyhounds. Or better said I've developed 2 tactics that work but there's nothing subtle about it. But hey, they turn profits! This will at least give me some confidence with the dogs instead of feeling like I'm only donating. From there on I can work on honing my skills and maximising. It's all about making as much as possible in the timeframe available. Check out this video form a poster at www.racingtraders.com called tomas.tomass to see what I mean with making the most of the time available :

http://www.racingtraders.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1298

He's a maniac! I wish he would adopt me and raise me as one of his own :-)

What I've found to be an essential tool for greyhound racing is the William Hill Greyhound radio channel which you can find here:

http://live.williamhillradio.co.uk/radio-main.php?st=HR

First of all they will tell you what the favorites are before each race. This is good as the markets form only a couple of minutes before the off and you have to be quick. Having someone telling you where to look whilst you can keep focussing on the movements is better then having a website open all the time and having to check that. Also you hear what a lot of punters are hearing, so whatever the commentators are saying can become a self fulfilling prophecy and thus interesting to listen to.

Secondly they'll let you know when the race starts exactly. There is some lag involved though so if you close your position when they say: "the bunny is on the move" or something like that you should be ok. Really close it then as you have probably only a couple of seconds to get out.

Busy day at work tomorrow and have to be there early so no greyhounds for me. I'll be home in time for another good session of US horses though. With a bit of luck I can get myself well on the way to the $ 250,- mark after which I'll raise my stakes again.

I still have to get involved in those UK races and start using that www.attheraces.com sub I paid for. Tuesday I should be able to free some time for that. The biggest challenge is to get my girls to leave me alone. The computer is in the living room which I like cause I can be behind it and still be in contact with my family. But when higher concentration is needed it's a real pain in the arse. Especially since my laptop is broke so I can't move to the bedroom. Once that is fixed again it should be easier for me to find some peace and quiet. Downside is that the screen would be too small to look at the stream and have enough space for the betting software. Hopefull just the audio will do the trick for me.

I was messing around with the profit loss on Betfair and seeing how I was doing. I realised that I have been spending way too much time on this for over 3 months now and only the last 14 days have shown me some consistent profits. Which could always end up being a fluke but let's stay positive here for a bit. Thing is that this isn't for everyone. You have to have some sort of stubborn perseverence combined with discipline, good money management and a healthy adversity to pure gambling to make this work for you. And then you need a ridiculous amount of practice in which you'll have to deal with disappointment and loss all the time.

And I do this as a bloody hobby!?!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten