woensdag 18 maart 2009

New short term goal

Bankroll: $ 200,53

My yesterday afternoon date with the dogs I had to raincheck as I had to spend some quality time with my youngest daughter. It was such nice weather we went out for the afternoon and visited some friends, my grandmother and did the shopping for dinner. Then I cooked for my girls (I have 2 daughter aged 2 and 4 and of course my girlfriend) and sat down for some serious US horse trading.

Nice to have passed a milestone bankrollwise. Yesterday trading was a bit weird though as I expected another night of good US horses trading but all the money was at the greyhounds that apparantely was shown live on Sky. Once I caught onto that I got hit by a general api error and couldn't place any bets for almost 2 hours. Doh!

The markets were a bit weird all night and I'm happy I got away with a small profit. Especially the total lack of liquidity on some markets was terrible. In one race I got a backbet in on a horse way above it's value (was the 2nd favorite) so I was already celebrating. Especially as it was more then 4 minutes before the off so plenty of time to get it matched as profitable as possible. Hardly any bets where matched anymore! And I had to bail at a 7$ loss! Go figure! Which reminds me to next time write something up about the websites I'm now carefully starting to use to give me an extra edge. To be honest though, at the moment all they provide me with is extra loss..

So the new short term goal! Seeing as I don't have acces to Sky or Setanta being in Amsterdam, Holland I've decided to get an online sub for the internetTV/video section of www.attheraces.com I don't do inrunning so the slight lag compared to the tv feed won't hurt me, although I have to be a bit carefull if I completely base a decision on what is said on tv. For the GBP 9,99 I only have to make a couple of good decisions based on their info to make it worth my while. So once my bankroll hits $225,- I'm taking out $20,- and getting the subscription.

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Hello. I have subscribed to your blog and find it interesting. I currently only blog on OLBG but I'd enjoy a chat some time if your not too busy. Maybe we can share info/ideas? Email betfairalfie (delete spaces) @ hotmail.com. Be Lucky :-)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen