vrijdag 27 maart 2009

Good day, Betfair sucks at starting times

Bankroll: $ 209,36

I had a good day making profit on both the dogs as the horses.

I should have $ 10,- more but I got caught out with Betfair not having to correct starting time and suspending an US horse race more then 2 minutes before their starting time!

Anyone who knows of a good internet stream or radio that will tell/show me when the US horse races start would be my hero. Paid subscription is fine too as long as the monthly fee isn't ridiculous. A stream that does pre race commentary too would be ideal! I found a page that offers a lot of streams for differen't tracks but that would mean I have to switch stream every time I switch track. Not going to work for me.

It's my own fault though, I checked every race on here: https://www.ebetusa.com/racing/ which will show you correct starting times and some early odds to go by. I was talking over MSN to a new friend who also trades US horses and I simply forgot to check this one. But it's a pain anyways as it's just more hassle if I have to check the clock all the time instead of having the big one in my face flashing red.

Also the biggest reason I was ticked of is because it was a bit of an ego thing. If this wouldn't have happened it would've been my best day ever. But the way things are looking now I should be able to beat my record a couple of times next month. Will probably need to too with my new challenge tackeling the UK horses coming up. I have no doubt that's going to cost me some learning money.

Once again someone has told me he's making consistent money on the dogs every day. Funnily enough he was asking me what the right way to go about US horses is. So maybe it's just different ways of approach that's the key. The advice I got though it to not bet the favorite but look at 2nd and 3d favorite as it's a bit easier. Liquidity shouldn't be a problem as I'm still doing minimal bets until I turn consistent profits.

Maybe I'm just trying to swing trade too much on the dogs but it's hard to not to with so much ticks going up and down in that market. I'm just more of a swinger then a scalper. Which is what worries me about the UK markets because I have the idea that scalping is the way to go there.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten