maandag 16 maart 2009

Bad start, nice end

Bankroll: $196,45



Today started out real bad. I made a small profit on 2 races and then I accidently shut down BetAngel and started it up again. I have the default stake at $15,- and I now use $5,- stakes instead that I spread around so I have no more then $15,- to $20,- on the back or lay side at a time.



So instead of taking my time and checking if all the settings were as they should be I just jumped right in. And instead of having a quiet look at the market first and then decide what was best I was ticked of with myself shutting down the software and losing time having to start it up again.



At the time it seemed like a great idea to fire in 2 quick bets one tick away from each other and hope to exploit the gap. Thankfully I´m the kind of person that immediately gets severely punished everytime I pull stunts like that. Not getting away with it ever at least teaches me the lesson straight away.. You can probably guess that my bets where instafilled and the gap that was there was gone and the market shot up and I was looking at over $18,- loss if I would green up now.. Not good. Not good at all. I took a deep breath and decided that being pissed of was for later and damage control was for now.



I watched the market heave up and down (but all the time well above where I was hoping it would be) and I soon decided I was up shit creek and should just accept my loss. If there was space to make or save money I could always do that after redding up and putting new bets in instead of hoping to save this particular bet. I redded up at a loss of $ 12,65. So my night was pretty much down the drain after the 3d race.



But I sucked it up. Didn't get mad. Didn't decide to make up for it pronto but just focused, stayed confident and got stuck in it.



Here's my P&L for the US horse racing:














As you can see apart from the one stupid big one very little losses compared to the winners. And the amounts lost also much less then I would have had not too long ago. This is the first night that I traded so many races and I was well and truly in the zone. I did a lot more bets then I usually do. Exploited the markets going up and down during the same race and was generally confident about my ability to deal with what was going on. I think one of my biggest wins over myself tonight was that whenever the market turned against me I'd stay level headed and just quickly device a strategy to solve the situation. And sometimes I'd be confident the market would come around again because someone just dumped a lump sum and it wasn't a major shift. Other times I'd realise I simple misread the market in the first place and should take my loss and use that knowledge to get in at the right point.



I did a couple of races on the Aussie market just for good measure and then decided to call it a night. Here's the P&L for that:

So all's well that ends well but I could have made a nice big step to bankroll building if I weren't so impatient and hasty at times. (more speed less haste Tim, more speed less haste..)

Tomorrow I'm going to give back some of my winnings as the greyhounds and I have a date with destiny and I still haven't nailed the way to profit on those buggers yet.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten