dinsdag 5 mei 2009

I bit of redemption



Seeing as I've been withdrawing money and am aiming for different monthly goals greyhound and horse wise I'll be posting my P&L up till now in May from now on.



Looks good huh!

I was trading a US horse and I noticed that the back side was much much higher then the layside, we're talking more then 50 points higher here, but some of it was eaten regardless. Jammed $5,- in there thinking I could do a nice little green up if it got eaten.

Only $ 1,36 got eaten and of course I can't lay that back as it's below minimum bet, and seeing as I was the lowest backer I couldn't green up either. Layside was still being matched quickly so I decided to wait until the suspension. If at least $ 4,- gets matched I'll lay it and green up. If the $ 1,36 stays I'll consider it a loss and let it ride.

The horse won! Earning me a nice $ 87,93 after comission. Best thing is I had livevideo too and saw it happen!

Now if I would've been able to green up I would have done that for sure, but I think that the odds I was offered were so good (especially as the layside was getting matched for quite some money a lot lower thus to me reflecting the probable real value) and my stake in it was minimal versus my bankroll so it wasn't worth redding that up.

So my Betfair bankroll is up to $ 424,69 now and that's after the $ 25,- withdrawal. So new all time high and back on track again.

As for the greyhounds. My idea of sticking to $ 5,- stakes until I make $ 100,- and then going up to $ 10,- until I hit $ 200,- etc etc seems like a good idea and I'm $ 0,11 cents closer to that hundred then when I started this month :-)

I realise that the letting it ride stories are close to each other and you might get the idea that I'm turning to the dark side but don't worry I'm not looking to gamble. When put in this exact same situation again I'll do the same though. As far as I see it the market thought this horse was going to win 1 in 40 races and I was getting over 90 to 1 on my $ 1,35 and no opportunity to green up. I think I made the correct decision, that the horse won the first race and I didn't have to make this decision 40 times to see a return is very very lucky though.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten