vrijdag 30 januari 2009

A new obsession

I've found a new obsession: Betfair trading. I always have an obsession next to my 'regular' life. Drives the people around me crazy so I decided to blog this time and make it optional to hear all about it :-)

I've been playing online poker for the last 4 years. Poker has been good to me.

I deposited 100$ at Partypoker and found out that limit Holdem (which was more popular then no limit at that time) was a really easy game in which you could bluff most people out of a hand easily. Within 2 days I had lost that 100$ and decided there might be more to it.

I forbid myself to deposit for a month and only use play money and get more knowledgeabe about the game.

So I found the 2+2 forums and bought a book. And another book. And another.. I now have about a meter of pokerbooks on my shelf.

After a month I deposited another 100$ and I've never looked back. Within the month I withdrew my initial 200$ and have been playing with profits since.

I've made okay money over the last couple of years. Probably around 10k or so. So 2500$ a year. Of course I extended the games I played to NL, SnG's, tournaments etc etc. Nothing earth shattering but the cheapest hobby I've ever had! I own a business which demands anything between 60-80 hours of me a week so my playtime is limited too.

I'm a bit fedup with poker. It's not a definite thing, I'll come back to it sooner or later, but it's started to feel like work.

So now I've found Betfair trading! It's new to me. It's possible to "beat it" and you can do it almost 24 hours a day.

I've been roaming the internet to find information. I've noticed that although there are quite some blogs about and a couple of forums no one is really eager to divulge the way they do it. Very much unlike poker where you can see all the pro's cards nowadays on television and everyone writes a book letting you know exactly how they do it!

This intrigues me and with the amount of money changing hands everyday gives me the feeling that there's still a lot of value to be found for someone who's willing to put in the hard work and can deal with the psychological part of trading.

So join me in my new obsession! Hopefully I have the traits needed to be one of the people who can consistently make money out of this. If not this blog should in the very least proof to be an invaluable "what not to do" guide to other budding Betfair traders! :-)

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten